Your home’s roof is a key part of the whole. Without it, your family is unprotected from the Texas weather, pests and even intruders who would use any opening to gain entry do you harm. As such, ensuring your roof is in top shape year-round is critical, which is why a roof replacement may be in order.
First, you need to know the signs of a failing roof in Southlake. If you notice damage or age is beginning to set in, consider calling NuGen Contractors.
Signs You Need a Roof Replacement in Southlake
- You spot noticeable sagging in your roof, which generally indicates a problem with a roof leak, water damage, moisture buildup or foundation damage.
- Sunlight is shining through the roof and into the attic. If the light is able to enter, so can rain and pests.
- Your roofing shingles are covered in moss, algae or mold growth.
- You notice granules in the gutter. Granules are designed to prevent sun damage to asphalt shingles and, once they fall off, your roof will deteriorate in time.
- There are noticeably cracked, loose or outright damaged shingles.
- Entire shingles are missing from the roof, leaving gaps leading to the underlayment.
- The shingles are beginning to curl, which is a good sign of weathering or water damage.
How Long Does a Roof Replacement Take?
The length required for a full roof replacement in Southlake generally depends on the material and the team you work with. Here at NuGen, we work quickly without sacrificing quality. But for now, let’s look into the types of roofing materials and how long they take to install.
- Wood shake — 3 to 4 days
- Slate roofing — 3 to 5 days
- Flat roofing — 2 to 3 days
- Concrete tile — 8 to 9 days
- Steel sheets — 3 to 4 days
- Asphalt shingles — 1 to 2 days
- Natural slate roofing — 6 to 7 days
These are rough estimates, of course. These timeframes are based on a crew of at least five people and a standard-sized residential roof. If you have a larger home, it could take a few days more per material to install. Then, of course, there is the weather to consider. Texas weather is often unkind and temperamental. It may rain or hail one day, putting the entire project behind.